Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Brief Interlude 5: A Sneak Peek at an Upcoming Project

Like the title says, here's a sneak peek at a major project I'm starting this year.  I'm pretty sure it will be a LONG time before this one is completed.  Keep in mind that in this photo, the pieces aren't even glued down yet but the layout you see below is set.


The plan is to fill in the space between the rear of the dock and the edge of the sheet metal with wood of the same thickness.  That's where the warehouses and other dockside structures will be.  Other city blocks will go behind those, but will be modular so they can be swapped in and out.  How, you ask?  Not totally sure yet.

4 comments:

  1. It does a man good to take on a large project from time to time. 😀

    How big is the harbor? It’ll be cool to do a series of posts of each step along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the metal base is about 25 inches long by 12 1/2" wide at the widest point. That makes the port itself about 21 x 8.75 inches. I could have made it shorter, but really wanted to put the shipyard in there.

      I'll do a series of posts on the port, to be sure. I just expect they will be a ways apart.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work Brian. I have so many little bits and pieces for my rather modest (10 ships) collection of Langtons. A fair few buildings, Martello towers etc as well as a few nice resin islands. Really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlo,
    I'm kind of envious of you on the point of buildings and other stuff. I have a lot of ships, but not much in the way of other things. That's why this port is going to take so long to do; I have to buy and paint a LOT of buildings. I'm also going to do a small port, but that's still in the thinking stages right now.

    I'm always glad to hear that people are enjoying the blog. Thank you, and I'm really enjoying doing it.

    ReplyDelete